One thing that Florida has added on to their drug laws is that anyone convicted of the offense will automatically have their license suspended for two years.
Possible punishments for marijuana possession in Florida:
• Less than 20 grams can see you facing up to $1,000 in fines along with up to a year in jail.
• Less than 20 grams, but within 1,000 feet of a church, school, daycare center, park, community center, convenience store, college, place of business, or public recreational facility will change the fees to up to $5,000 and up to 5 years in jail.
• When you are caught with more than 20 grams or over 25 plants it is no longer considered just possession, but will come with the intent to distribute and will also find you facing up to $5,000 in fines and up to 5 years in jail.
Consequences for the intent to distribute in the state of Florida:
• 25 pounds will find you facing up to $5,000 in fines and up to 5 years in jail.
• 25 – 2,000 pounds is up to $25,000 in fines and up to 15 years in jail with a minimum requirement of 3 years CBD OIL FOR PAIN.
• Over 10,000 pounds is up to $200,000 in fines and up to 30 years in jail with a minimum requirement of 15 years.
Other issues that may appear with a marijuana possession conviction:
Not everything is easily spelled out when it comes to how drugs can affect your life in a negative manner. While it is easy to list the legal ramifications such as jail time, fines and having your license suspended it is not as easy to list many of the non-legal factors that come along with a marijuana possession.
This is a list of just a few other issues that may present themselves:
• Potential loss of employment
• Loss of financial aid and bright future scholarship eligibility
• Loss of ability to possess a firearm
Just because you are convicted of possession does not mean that it clears you of DUI charges. Below are the DUI charges that will accompany all charges for marijuana possession:
• Community service
• Jail time (additional to possession jail time)
• License suspension (additional to possession time)
• DUI school
*all of these items increase in the amount based on how many times you have been charged previously.
If Caught, Get Qualified Legal Help Immediately
Because drug offenses, including possession and trafficking of marijuana, are serious criminal offenses, it’s imperative to get help immediately.
Keep the telephone number of a qualified marijuana defense attorney stored in your cell phone.
Mr. Davis entered private practice with a small firm and began practicing criminal defense immediately after graduation. Mr. Davis is licensed to practice law in the State of Florida and in Federal Court. Since 1999, Mr. Davis has successfully defended thousands of clients charged with drug offenses, robberies, burglaries, sexual offenses, economic crimes, and DUI’s.